You can contact us at email@example.com | 020 7720 2113 | 23 Clapham Common South Side, London, SW4 7AB.
Personal data we collect about you
Depending on why you engage with us, the personal data we may collect from you might include (but is not limited to):
- Identity data includes your name and if required, your date of birth
When carrying out tenant and credit referencing, it may include employment details, nationality, residential status, passport number or other ID number, your credit history and references relating to you
CCTV images of you may be recorded if you visit one of our offices
- Contact data includes your address, email address, telephone number and where relevant, a forwarding address
- Profile data includes details of your requirements and preferences
- Financial data includes your billing, bank account and payment details where we manage a financial transaction for you or take payment for the services we provide
- Transaction data includes details of payments from and to you and details of any services you've purchased from us
- Property data includes address, description and photographs
- Technical data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform
- Usage data includes information about how you use our services, website, IT and communication systems
- Marketing data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us
How your personal data is collected
We collect most of your personal data directly from you - in person, by email, telephone, text, via social media and/or our website. For example when you:
- Ask us to value your property
- Enquire about or make an offer on a property for sale or for rent
- Enter into a sales or lettings agreement
- Give us feedback
- Respond to one of our promotions, surveys or competitions
- Subscribe to our marketing communications
- Apply for a job or to become a contractor
You do not have to give us your personal data. However if you choose not to, it may delay or prevent us from providing you with the services or information you require.
We may also collect personal data about you from other sources. For example:
- Your name, contact information and details of your requirements via property portals such as Rightmove and Zoopla
- Your name and contact information provided to us in relation to a contract we have with a client. For example, you might be their guarantor, tenant, neighbour, employer, legal or financial representative
- Personal data from third parties that help manage our business and deliver services, such as payment providers, tenant and credit referencing agencies and recruitment agencies
- Your name and public profile on social networks and review platforms
- Your name and contact information from publicly available sources such as Companies House, HM Land Registry and the Electoral Register
How and why we use your personal data
We will only process your personal data if we have a proper reason for doing so and when the law allows. Most commonly, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
For the performance of a contract with you. For example:
- To value your property
- To provide you with a quote for our services
- To help you find properties, buyers or tenants
- To verify your identity for security purposes
- To negotiate on your behalf
- To provide you with advice
- To arrange photography, floorplans, energy performance certificates and for sale or to let boards
- To carry out credit checks and obtain personal references
- To register a tenant’s deposit with a deposit protection scheme
- To arrange inventories, maintenance and gas safety checks
- To renew, amend or end a tenancy
- To process the payment of rent and maintenance charges
- To take payment from you for the services we provide
For our legitimate interests or those of a third party
Legitimate interest may be used as a basis for processing your information when we have a business or commercial reason, as long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests. For example:
- To respond to communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- To offer you services and property information we might reasonably expect you to have an interest in e.g. we may provide you with information about similar properties to one you have already enquired about. Or if you bought or sold a property through us, we may offer to value your property in the future.
- To send tenants security reminders, holiday opening hours and advice
- Record keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
- To notify you of changes to the terms and conditions of our services
- To progress a job or contractor application
- To administer our website including troubleshooting, research and development
- For operational reasons, such as improving efficiency, training and quality control
- To collect a debt which is owed to us
- To investigate or address claims or complaints
- To prevent and detect fraud
To comply with legal and statutory obligations. For example:
- To carry out anti-money laundering checks
- To carry out right to rent checks
- For internal and external auditing purposes
- To facilitate enquiries or investigations by regulatory bodies
- To provide information to legal authorities if requested
- To comply with any other legal or statutory obligations which apply to us
Where you have given consent
Where we require your consent to process your personal information, we will seek your permission clearly and separately. For example:
- To send you marketing communications
- To pass your name and contact information to other businesses that provide services that may be relevant to you
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, telephone, SMS, post or via social media) about our services, properties, current market trends and offers that may be of interest to you. We may have a legitimate interest to do this if you have already enquired about or used our services.
Or you may receive marketing communications if you opted in when you provided us with your details, for example when sending us an enquiry or subscribing to our newsletter. You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by:
- Using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in marketing emails you receive from us
- Contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org | 020 7720 2113 | 23 Clapham Common South Side, London, SW4 7AB
We will never sell or share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal data with third parties to help manage our business, deliver services and in certain other circumstances as set out below. We disclose only the personal information that is necessary. These third parties may include:
- Service providers including payment providers, photographers, for sale / to let board companies, energy performance certificate providers, tenant and credit reference agencies, deposit protection schemes, utility companies, maintenance contractors and inventory companies. Also service providers that help manage our IT and back office systems
- Landlords, tenants or guarantors, where we are providing letting services
- Mortgage providers, but only if you require this service and have given us consent
- Professional advisers where necessary including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Law enforcement or another regulatory authorities as part of a legal obligation
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with data protection laws.
Keeping your personal data secure
We store your personal data on our secure servers and take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to prevent its loss, misuse or alteration.
While we implement safeguards to protect your personal data, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the Information Commissioner's Office of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Transferring your data outside the EU
Sometimes we might need to transfer your personal data to third party processors outside the European Union (EU) to help us deliver our services. We will only do this if we are assured your personal data receives the same protection as when it is being processed inside the EU.
How long your personal data is kept
We will only hold your personal information for as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose for which it was collected. For instance, most clients' personal data is kept for the duration of the contractual relationship and 10 years after. A copy of our retention policy is available on request.
In some circumstances we might anonymise your personal data so it is not associated with you, and we may then use this information indefinitely.
Your legal rights
You have the following legal rights relating to your personal data:
- The right to request access to your personal data
- The right to request us to correct or update your personal data
- The right to request us to delete your personal data
- The right to object to us processing your personal data or to withdraw consent. Remember, you can always stop direct marketing messages by clicking on an 'unsubscribe link' in any of our emails
- The right to request restriction of processing your personal data
- The right to request a transfer of your personal data to another service provider in a machine readable format
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can contact us at email@example.com | 020 7720 2113 | 23 Clapham Common South Side, London, SW4 7AB.
Your request must include your name, email address and postal address and we may request proof of your identity. We will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible, but at least within one month. However, where we have a legal or contractual basis to process your personal data, we may not be able to carry out your request, but we will explain this fully to you.
If you are not happy with how we have used your personal information, you have the right to complain to a statutory authority. In the UK this would be the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk/concerns
Last updated May 2018
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those organisations or the content of their websites. We encourage you to read their privacy policies before providing them with any personal information.
Call 020 7720 2113
Post 23 Clapham Common South Side, London, SW4 7AB